my voice isn't what you need right now, but Silence is betrayal.
You cannot sit idly by. I’m sorry to tell you, if you didn’t already know. If you are white and you aren’t outraged, you are a part of the problem. Your silence makes you complicit.
If you’re ready to get involved but aren’t ready to take to the streets, then call your representatives and open your wallet. This is but a small list of the ways you can help:
- Find out who your representatives are: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
- Contact your representatives on a regular basis and demand police reform, education reform, health care reform, the works.
- Find out who your senators are: https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact
- Contact your senators on a regular basis and demand police reform, education reform, health care reform, the works.
- Donate to Black Lives Matter: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ms_blm_homepage_2019
- Donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund to assist protesters in Minnesota: https://minnesotafreedomfund.org/donate
- Donate to the Brooklyn Bail Fund to assist protesters in Brooklyn: https://brooklynbailfund.org/donate
- Donate to The Bail Project: https://bailproject.org
- Donate to Reclaim the Block: https://secure.everyaction.com/zae4prEeKESHBy0MKXTIcQ2
- Donate to the #SayHerName campaign via The African American Policy Reform group: https://aapf.org/support
- Donate to the North Star Health Collective: https://www.northstarhealthcollective.org/about-us-1
- Donate to the Louisville Community Bail Fund to assist protesters in Louisville: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/louisville-community-bail-fund/